Thursday, May 23, 2013

Dixit

We found a new game to add into our game collection and this is another fantastic game.  There aren't a lot of complex rules and it doesn't take all weekend to play.  That means this is a great game for anyone!  It takes about 30 minutes to play a game and up to 6 can play at a time.

Dixit. 

I have seen this online and in game stores for a long time but never knew what it was and hadn't heard much about it.   Then I watched an episode of Table Top where they played this game and it got my attention.
The game is played with large playing cards, each with interesting artwork.  Everyone has 6 cards and on your turn you play one of your cards face down.  Then you announce a clue that describes your card in some way.  The other players will play one of their cards that matches the clue face down.  After some shuffling, the cards are revealed.   Next the players vote by secret ballot which card they believe was the original card.
The starting player will only get points if SOME of the players picked the his card.  If the starting player's card gets all or none of the votes then he won't score.  So choose your clue carefully!

Over the weekend we played a few games with five players and then again with 4 players (for the family game night trophy).   I won the trophy, making it five victories in a row.  You can call me "5 Time".

I look forward to playing this game again because I think I have some great clues ready to go!

No comments: