Monday, July 08, 2013

Giant Phone Thoughts

I've been carrying my big phone for more than a month.

My thoughts:  It's incredible.  This phone does anything I need it to do.

Yes, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is a large phone but it is NOT too large. I have not had any moments that I regretted buying this phone.  It fits in my pocket and isn't too heavy to hold in my hand.   I've been using it to read e-books and it is a good size to hold for that.

One of the biggest complaints about smart phones is short battery life.  People are constantly monitoring their batteries.   Not me.  The benefit of a big phone is a big battery fits inside of it.  My phone comes off the charger everyday around 6am and goes back around 10pm and it's only gone "yellow" twice.

One of the unique things about this phone is the s-pen (stylus).  Initially it's one of those things I didn't use a lot but as the weeks go by I have found apps and situations to use it.  It's a feature I wouldn't want to give up now.

Some of the most used apps on my giant phone:

YouTube
Pocket Casts (podcast)
Google Play Books (e-books)
S-Note  (hand written notes)
Camera
Google Maps (GPS)

This is by far the most capable phone I have ever had and if you were thinking about getting one I highly recommend it.


No comments: