Sunday, October 19, 2014

High School Reunion

I recently received a message from a friend that I had not seen in about twenty years.  As I just wrote that, I realized I am old enough to have friends that I haven't seen for twenty years and now I'm thinking about other blogs that can be written.

My friend, Nathaniel, said that he would be traveling within just a few hours of my house and wanted to see if I would be available for a visit.  This was a rare treat and we invited he and his family to come visit.

Nathaniel was a senior when I was a freshman and we were both in band.  During that one year of marching band together we formed a great friendship and we shared a lot of great memories.  It was great to meet his family when they visited and share stories from twenty years ago.  

Facebook does a pretty good job at keeping you up to date with someone but nothing can beat sitting up with a friend until midnight catching up with each other.  That's something that Facebook can't get you.  

Thanks to Nathaniel and family for the visit!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was great to visit with you and your family. I really enjoyed catching up with you. I'll send you an e-mail soon with some audio files. May God bless you and your wonderful family. - Nathaniel