Friday, February 08, 2008

Break Even

Basketball season is over for the rec. league. Those eight games were some of the most exciting games of basketball I have ever seen.

I was able to get some good photographs while at the games. Taking photos at the game presented a new challenge in taking pictures. One that I hadn't really practiced previously. A large space with really high ceilings and fast moving objects. The light wasn't all that bright for photos, so there were several issues to deal with. All that was interesting to work through, but the games themselves. . . MAN! Just awesome. I'm sure some of that is just because my son was one of the players. I ended up becoming very excited for all the players and watching our team. Yeah, I was among the rest of the parents that would shout, "SHOOT IT!". Yeah, I was among those that would cheer when we made a basket. Yeah, I was really hoping we would give the biggest player on the other team a hard foul.

"He's just a little boy!", Cari scolded me.
"They would only have to foul him hard enough to make a little boy cry, then.", I replied.

Our team finished even for the season. Only eight games. Four wins, Four losses.

3 comments:

d e v a n said...

Cute pic. I'd be saying the same as your wife, he's only a little boy! lol

Michelle said...

Did they have Fun though. Because that is all that really matters.
So what did you really get Cari for her Birthday?
Were you flattered by Walmarts assertion about your professional photos? I think you should go in and make them give you Cari's phone number. That would be very funny.

Michelle

Aaron said...

50%? I'd take that. It's much better than my DNF rate. :/