Thursday, February 21, 2008

I told you SO!

Wednesday afternoon was not a fun evening at work. At the end of the night, I had hoped to get home in time to take some shots of the lunar eclipse. We left work twenty minutes late due to the idiot I was scheduled with. When I got home, I had five minutes of the total eclipse to try and get some shots. The whole time I was still upset and tense from work. Poor Cari had waited up for me and I was not very good company. I rushed out to take some shots and stayed in a foul mood for a while.
Here's a shot of the eclipse: (you can see the bottom was starting to reveal again- thanks to working late)
And one when it was 99% done. You can see the top right is shadowed a bit. :I decided not to put any on flickr since everyone and their mom is putting up eclipse photos tonight. You should be able to click on my photos to see them larger if you want to.

Still grumbling, I started reading some blogs and was instantly cheered up by Aaron at Outdoor Living. Check out his post.

I read some more facts about Chuck after reading Aaron's post and they got me laughing pretty hard. Here's some of my favorites:

  • When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks his closet for Chuck Norris.
  • There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Chuck Norris has allowed to live.
  • Chuck Norris does not sleep. He waits.
  • Chuck Norris is the reason why Waldo is hiding.
  • Chuck Norris counted to infinity - twice.
  • Chuck Norris is so fast, he can run around the world and punch himself in the back of the head.
  • Chuck Norris' hand is the only hand that can beat a Royal Flush.
  • Chuck Norris can lead a horse to water AND make it drink.
  • Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.
  • If at first you don't succeed, your not Chuck Norris.
  • Ghosts are actually caused by Chuck Norris killing people faster than Death can process them.
  • Chuck Norris can build a snowman out of rain.
  • Chuck Norris can strangle you with a cordless phone.
  • Chuck Norris didn't wet his bed as a child, the bed wet itself out of fear.
Tomorrow is a new day. Oh, and I don't have to work on that day. I expect it to be great.

7 comments:

Aaron said...

I'd trade my mad Google skills for your l33t photo skills. :)

d e v a n said...

great pics. I never get the Chuck Norris things, but my dh thinks they're hilarious.

Sarah said...

Ahhh! I love me some Chuck Norris humor. Did you ever see the episodes of Conan O' Brien where he would pull a lever and it would bring up random hilarious clips from Walker, Texas Ranger?

Becky, Grant, Penelope and Reagan said...

Tim Tebow doesn't wear Superman pajamas, Superman wears Tim Tebow pajamas.
When Google can't find something, it asks Tim Tebow for help.
Tim Tebow counted to infinity - twice.

Here are some of my favorites...

Grant

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha Ha Ha! I love the one where Chuck can run around the world with enough time to punch his own head! Marky has a t shirt that says, "There's nothing to fear but Chuck himself!" He doesn't wear it much. But it still makes me giggle.

OOOOOH! Yea! I just read "desperate housewife's" comment about Conan O'Brien! Mark and I saw it and laughed so hard we CRIED! Honestly, we couldn't breathe and we were crying! AHHH..... stupid humor is so much fun!

~Abbie

One Scrappy Gal said...

Some of the ones that make me laugh are:

Someone once tried to tell Chuck Norris that roundhouse kicks aren't the best way to kick someone. This has been recorded by historians as the worst mistake anyone has ever made.

Chuck Norris doesn't shower, he only takes blood baths

The show Survivor had the original premise of putting people on an island with Chuck Norris. There were no survivors, and nobody is brave enough to go to the island to retrieve the footage.

The chief export of Chuck Norris is Pain.

RoadRunner said...

Chuck Norris wasn't born, he was unleashed

Superman's only weakness is Kryptonite. Chuck Norris laughs at Superman for having a weakness.

It's no use crying over spilt milk... Unless it belonged to Chuck Norris. Oh you are so screwed.