Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Eggs

We had fun painting up our Easter eggs last week.  I heard Cari telling a friend yesterday that it isn't just a matter of dunking eggs in dye anymore.  Now you have to paint patterns and faces with markers, crayons, or stickers before you are done.  

It's true.  After a few solid colored eggs, Randy picked up some markers and started a master piece.  I noticed he was making a face and asked what he was drawing.   He replied, "an angry Mexican".    When I asked why he was angry, he told me he wasn't sure and then decided to make him with a smile.   

It seems that it is only the curly mustache that makes an egg face, a Mexican, so I tried one as well.  Meanwhile, Meredith and Cari were making much more peaceful and beautiful creations with their eggs.  I'll give you one guess which one in the photo above is Cari's egg.

On Easter, I dragged Randy out of bed at six to go to sunrise service downtown with me.  I was the only one there without a coat on and after fifteen minutes I regretted thinking, "40 isn't that cold".    After a great service, we headed home for breakfast and picked up the rest of the family for church services at our church.  

After church we did an egg hunt and took some nice family photos on the front porch.  
We ended the day with neighbors and friends joining us for dinner at our house.  The weather was great, the company was great, and the food was excellent!

4 comments:

Poptart said...

I love the goofy faces in the nice church clothes!

I'd guess Cari's egg is the pretty one in the back.

Meg and Family said...

The family picture makes me proud to be related!! I miss you guys!!

rakethetable said...

Cute Family.

How did you get them to stand still for the photo? lol


Sounds like an excellent Easter.

Melba said...

I love the pictures, but I had to laugh at your "40 isn't that cold" comment! 40 is a regular heat wave in Michigan! When it's 40 degrees (esp. if the sun is shining) people ditch their coats and roll their windows down!

I love the eggs too, and I can tell which one Cari made!!

Melba