Monday, April 20, 2009

Project Problems

Project number one was to install a new kitchen faucet.  Just a few nuts hold the old one on and two hoses.  Total job might take twenty minutes, but thirty minutes after starting I was still laying on my back under the sink.  I was trying to loosen the nut without the proper tool.  My hand was jammed between the sink and the the wall trying to twist the nut off of the pipe.  I had my headlight flashlight on and a vice grip in my hand.  The side of the sink continued to scratch my hand because of the sound-deadening insulation sprayed on it.  Once I got everything loosened up, I disconnected the water lines.  Unfortunately, I was still laying under the sink and the water landed on my face.   Cari came home from the store and asked why I wasn't done yet.  That wasn't a question I wanted to hear.

Project number two was to do maintenance on the lawn mower.   I changed the blade with no problem.  It seemed too easy.  I then decided to change the oil for the first time in five years.  I couldn't remove the plug in the bottom of the deck because I didn't have the proper tool, so I decided to turn it over and drain it from the fill tube.   I held the mower upside down while I had Meredith hold an old Gatorade bottle under it.  The oil was spilling and dripping in all areas around the bottle, and on the bottle.   Maybe next time we'll get more of it IN the bottle. 

Speaking of the lawn mower, the grass needs cut.  All the neighbors have cut their grass this weekend so now my yard looks even TALLER.  What could possibly go wrong?

Ugh. 

3 comments:

Poptart said...

When we got our first lawnmower, Roadunner put the oil in the gas tank and vice versa.

Anonymous said...

Need an updated blog on the gypos that down the street.

Melba said...

Sounds very frustrating! I too am a step behind my neighbors in doing my spring garden cleaning...I hate that, but every time I've been home lately it's been raining!

Good luck getting it all done!

Melba