Saturday, October 03, 2009

Fifty Cent

I was surprised to find two fifty cent pieces in the money room at work this week.  Not only is it uncommon for people to spend them, but these two particular coins are both from the 1940's.  I immediately exchanged the coins for four quarters.  I don't plan on spending this dollar, so perhaps you may think this is a waste of money, but this is kinda a rare find.
Anyway, I did some photography with them the other night and here is what I ended up with:


Here was my setup.

A black framing mat, a blue wall, and a white sheet of paper.  In most of the shots, I used a short stack of pennies to raise the coin off the mat or tilt them.  I processed the photos in Lightroom 2.  Mostly I just cropped them and took some of the blue out from the light reflecting off of the wall.

No comments: