Wednesday, October 07, 2009

YOUTUBE!

You can learn to do ANYTHING by using YouTube.  Certainly, I am not the first to recognize the power of YouTube, Wikipedia, etc..., but I just got around to writing about it.

When I went backpacking for the first time last month, I loaded up YouTube and watched a few videos about how to pack my bag and what to take.

The first time I ate a Pomegranate I went to YouTube to learn how to open and then eat the new fruit.

In both of those cases the videos gave great information and I found them very helpful.  A man I work with learned to play basic guitar by watching YouTube.  Honestly, I haven't heard him play, but he claims to be learning songs and becoming somewhat proficient.

When I wanted to learn to juggle, I found books about juggling kinda boring.  After visiting YouTube for a while,  and lots of practice, I can now juggle those boring old books!

The thing about YouTube that I can't stand is browsing through videos.  People are annoying.  If I'm not searching something specific, I'd rather not waste my time there.  There is simply too much to browse through.

There are even videos on YouTube that teach you how to browse the videos on the site.  It's true!  You can learn to do ANYTHING on YouTube.

4 comments:

Aaron said...

I wonder if there is a YouTube video to teach me to appreciate this blog?

:P

j/k

Duck Hunter said...

I'm working on that video now. Thanks for the suggestion.

:)

Duck Hunter said...

I'm also working on a video about how to update your blog, Aaron!!

Aaron said...

ouch