Friday, October 09, 2009

Yellow Branch Falls


We finally made our hike with the baby this week and she did great!  She didn't scream or kick me in the back the whole way in.  On the way out, she slept.   It was also great that I made the trip with her on my back and had no issues carrying the baby.  This gives us hope that we can make more hikes this fall.

It had been a long time since Cari and I first visited Yellow Branch and we were glad to return.  The hike is only about a mile and a half each way, not too strenuous, and has some great views as you move through the forest.  We are already planning a return trip this winter when Amanda comes to stay with us.

As I said, Brenna did great on the way in.  At one point, she was practicing all her animal sounds and she got stuck on saying, "meow".  Cari and I weren't sure why she kept saying it, so we stopped to see if there was a fox or something nearby.  We were convinced she saw something, so you can imagine the alarm we felt twenty minutes later when she started growling and pointing into the woods.

The falls had a good amount of water and looked great.  Unfortunately, I forgot my tripod and was limited in the kind of shots I was able to get.





In this shot, you can get a better idea of how big the falls are as you see Cari making her way over the rocks.


We saw a bit of color change in the leaves and should have LOTS of color by the end of the month!  I'm hoping on the next trip out, Brenna carries my tripod!

2 comments:

Aaron said...

meow

Tammy said...

Such a pretty little girl!!! I have to read back tonnes now to see all i have missed!