Monday, October 05, 2009

Hiking: FAIL


After my backpacking trip along the Chattooga, Cari realized that carrying Brenna should be no problem for me.  We loaded up the car on a weekday morning and headed out to the trail.

With Brenna settled into the carrier on my back, we started into the woods - and Brenna started screaming . . . in my ear.

She desperately reached for Cari and kept screaming.  We tried to ignore her in hopes that she would give up as we slowly headed down the trail.  About ten minutes along the route, I stopped.  There is no way we, or at least I, could continue.  Cari offered to carry Brenna, but I refused.  It would make no sense for her to carry the baby in her arms the whole way.

We turned back and got back in the car.  A disappointment for sure.
Did I mention that I had forgotten to bring the map and my GPS?  Yeah, I did.  On these poorly marked trails, we would have ended up out there for MUCH longer than expected.

It's a good thing the baby screamed I suppose.

2 comments:

Aaron said...

I think you should retitle this post, Baby Fail. ;)

rakethetable said...

Maybe next time.