Saturday, October 17, 2009

Redneck

One of the football players' dad came from the top section of the bleachers.  He saw a friend of his on his way to the fence line and acknowledged him without stopping.  "I'm fixin' to get redneck", the man on a mission said.

He looked like a nice guy.  Seemed pretty civil as he walked past, but with a comment like that, I was watching him.

Sure enough, he leaned on the fence and got the coaches attention.  He made a fuss that the coaches "superstar" son has been in every offensive play while several boys had not played at all in the first three quarters.

The Redneck's son seemed to be a defensive player, so the complaint was not a selfish one.

After a few shouts back and forth from coach to Redneck, the man walked back over to his friend and changed his tone back to a friendly one instantly.  

Not really the "fixin' to get redneck" type of show I was expecting.  But it left me with a great phrase to use through the coming week.

When I head into work this week you can be sure I'll be fixin' to get redneck on someone!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

HAHAHHA...LOVE IT!!!!!