Sunday, January 20, 2013

No Snow Today

Last Thursday was an exciting day.  It was raining all day.  It had been raining everyday for the previous five days.  But Thursday was different because the meteorologists were screaming snow.  They said that in the evening the temps would drop and we were going to have snow.

Now I know better than to listen to the weather man.  We all do.  Apparently the Weather Channel also knew I wasn't going to fall for a snow warning from just anyone.  That's why the bald guy on TV, standing in front of a map declaring snow, was given a fancy title.  "Winter Weather Expert".    Seeing this had me thinking if the guy gets a new title during the summer or if he just vacations in the Southern hemisphere.

With the winter weather expert spewing his claims and the animated maps showing a snow flake near the house I started to believe.  Just a little.  It was still raining like crazy outside but I could believe that it may snow in the evening, even if just a little bit.

The kids were excited Thursday night because they may have a chance to miss school on Friday.  It would take just the slightest amount of snow or ice on the roads to call off the school buses and keep the kids at home.

By the time I went to bed Thursday night I still had not seen any snow.  The next time I looked out the window was Friday morning when my alarm went off.  Still no snow.

The "winter weather expert" has one job to do.  Heck, he has only one season to focus on.  He still can't get it right.  It may be time to strip him of his "expert" status.

1 comment:

Tom said...

Yeah, they should have consulted with me. I knew there wouldn't be any snow. If it's more likely to hit Asheville, it would hit us. The mountains get in the way. If it's coming from Atlanta, watch out!