Saturday, January 26, 2013

Picky. Picky.

     Last time Cari and I were in NC we stopped at this little restaurant for dinner.  I ordered a tea with my dinner and the guy at the counter mentioned that it was un-sweetened.  I gave him a look that said, "dude.  you are a restaurant in the South and you don't have SWEET tea?  wth!".  He picked up a container of sugar packets and told me I could sweeten it.  I immediately brushed off his answer and ordered something else to drink.  I understand that there is not much difference between the restaurant putting sugar in a pitcher of tea or me putting sugar in my glass.  The tea will basically end up being the same.  But for me it was a big difference.  The difference is that I don't want to make my own tea.

     A few nights ago my daughter was setting the table for dinner.  I was already sitting at the table and I watched her place a plate in front of each chair.  When she set one of the blue plastic plates in front of me I asked her to take it back.  She looked at me like I was a little crazy and I told her the plate was unacceptable.  Cari spoke up before I could finish and asked her to get me a glass plate.

"Picky, picky", my daughter said as she walked back to the cabinet.  It looks like she is starting to figure me out.

No comments: