Thursday, January 03, 2013

What Time Does Christmas Start?

It's not Christmas unless you wake up before the sun rises.

Our kids were up at 5:30 this year.  Since they were told not to wake us up before 6:30 (mom's rule) they hung our near the Christmas tree chatting and examining the wrapped boxes.  At 6:29 they were at our bedside waiting for the clock to roll over. The moment my clock read 6:30 there was a kid on each side of the bed begging a parent to get up.

I wondered if everyone gets up before the sun on Christmas and asked some people on the internets what they did.

I had a range of answers, but one of the answers that got repeated was no opening presents until after breakfast. That had me thinking about what time those people eat breakfast?  What's the fun of Christmas morning if you have to wait until lunch time before you open anything?

 Anyway, that would never work in my house.  I think to run with that rule you have to train the kids from the beginning.  Mine already know Christmas morning starts before the sun comes up and there is no changing that now.

2 comments:

Mark said...

I'd like to think you could get away with turning your clocks back an hour next Christmas Eve.

Farm Girl in MD said...

We had to wait until 8:00 !!