Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Don't believe your eyes!

As we were driving through Illinois on vacation my cell phone starting ringing. It was Dave. Dave asked where we were and asked how things were going. We got off the phone after a just a few minutes.

No more than ten minutes later my phone starts ringing. It's Dave.
"Dude! It's pouring down rain where you are. Some real serious storms.", he says with a lot of excitement. I look out the window and squint toward the SUN. Cari looks out her window with a smirk. There were clouds behind us. We had driven through a little rain. We also heard on the radio some storm warnings for the area we were now leaving.

"Dave, it's sunny out here.", I replied.
"No, be careful because I'm looking at the weather channel and there are some storms where you are.", he cautioned me.

Maybe he thought a storm was going to jump out from behind a tree. This conversation went back and forth a few times. I even told him what mile marker I was at and asked him to look up the humidity for that spot.

Dave reminded me of being at home. Cari and I sitting on the swing we put up or taking a break on the porch. A dark cloud comes over us and Cari says, "I'm going in to check the weather."

Going in to check the weather? We are sitting in it. It should say 'cloudy', and if it doesn't, it is wrong. Who knows better what are weather is than the person sitting in it?

I can understand looking at the forecast. What will it be like in six hours. Why wait until clouds come over you and then wonder what the weather is like.

"I just can't believe it is this cloudy. The forecast said it would be sunny. I'm going in to check."

1 comment:

Tammy said...

LOL!!! We have the same problem here. Weather says it is raining and I have blue skies. I think I could be a weather person. It seems all you have to do is guess--I would look out the window!