Monday, June 12, 2006

Not my idea

It's been a while since I actually WROTE on here. For those of you who were waiting for that to happen, your wait is over.

Cari wanted a pool. Not a big, inground pool. Not even a permanent above ground. Just one of those soft sided pools like Walmart sells. You inflate the top ring and it raises as you fill it with water. This desire of Cari's started last year. I fought hard against the pool. I fought hard because I didn't want this big round thing in my grass.



Over the winter our neighbor sold us a pool. Actually, sold CARI a pool like the one she wanted. It's 18' and about waist deep. We paid a minimal amount of money for this used pool.
I was losing ground in my battle to keep the yard pool free. We now owned a pool.

Cari pointed out that it is only a temporary fixture. It comes down in the winter. "OH! GOOD! Because I bet the grass will look great after having a pool sit on it all summer!!!", I thought silently.


This week, Cari worked her butt off for this pool while I was at work. Two truck fulls of sand were dumped on the designated pool spot. Cari leveled that sand. Next Cari dragged the pool into position and scrubbed it clean. When I got home from work it was almost full. She did all that work while I was gone so she wouldn't have to listen to me complain.

When the pool was full around six in the evening, I asked when we could swim.

Yeah, I fight against it all year and then became the first to request a swim. So what.

Cari told the kids and I we could swim the next day. Randy climbed the ladder and stuck his toe in. "It's not that cold.", he reported. After Meredith climbed and reached a hand in she said, "Oh, it's so warm."

"Let me check.", I demanded. I was still dressed from work as I climbed the ladder. When I got to the top I quickly climbed back down. Down the side into the pool. I was now standing waist deep in the water. . .fully clothed. The kids were going nuts. I invited them in with me.

Of course, before they would listen to me, they got approval from their mother. Just another reminder of where I rank in the house. Cari was not excited about this idea at all. In fact, she was quite against it.

It wasn't long after I jumped in, that all four of us were swimming in our new pool. All of us in our regular clothes. Even Cari! and for the record, the water was FREEZING!

4 comments:

Speed Seeker said...

Nice job on the Pool. For some reason I picture someone sitting on the side of it and drainging it in minutes, along with being pulled down the newly developed river. lol At least the lawn will get some moisture...

I've seen too many funny videos of that...hehe

John said...

Yeah, that slice of lawn is dead. What will the neighbors think???

Duck Hunter said...

I'm not too worried about it spilling out. As long as that top ring stays inflated, the water seems stuck in there. I've even leaned on that ring with no problem.

John,
The neighbors think it is great because now all their children play at my house.

Melba said...

Cute story!