Thursday, April 29, 2010

Dessert for Breakfast

I stumbled into the kitchen yesterday morning to get some breakfast.  A lot of mornings I'll make some toast and spread some peanut butter on it.  When I started reaching for the bread, I noticed that it was almost gone.  I didn't want to use the last two pieces for such a useless meal, so I decided to see what else I could find without cooking anything.

In the pantry I found some Pop Tarts, a good alternative to toast.  There were two boxes.  Box number one was vanilla milkshake.  Seriously?  It's seven in the morning.  Where is my brown sugar Pop Tarts?  Vanilla milkshake might be a good snack after lunch.  I pulled the second box off the shelf.   Fudge Brownie Pop Tarts, and they went straight back in the pantry.

I glanced back at the bread and wondered if I should sacrifice my lunch.  Before I started toasting the bread I took a look in the freezer and saw a box of Toaster Strudel.  These are like a high class Pop Tart where you squeeze some frosting on at the end of the toasting.  The flavor was Boston Creme.  Not what I was looking for.

At that point I decided to not even look at what cereal was in the house because I knew the sugar content would be sky high.

Apparently, Cari took the kids with her on the last grocery shopping trip.  To keep them busy they got to choose the breakfast foods.

I toasted the last two pieces of bread and got the peanut butter out.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Funny thing is, that the kids did pick out the food, but Meredith eats pancakes every morning and Randy eats peanutbutter toast or bagels.