Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Submitted Art

I submitted a photography piece to the county museum for their upcoming art show.

Originally, I had intended on submitting two pieces, but I ran out of time and didn't get the second one framed.  So, I'll hold onto the unframed one until next time.

For me, one of the toughest things about submitting work to a judged show is choosing the right piece.  I never know what the judge is looking for.  It's kind of a guess if the show doesn't have a listed theme.  I was told once that sometimes a great piece of work my be rejected from the show simply because it doesn't fit in with the rest of the works.  After all, they are trying to put together a show as well.  My strategy has been to find something that will hopefully stop the judge and make them look a second time.

I didn't expect to learn about the status of my submission for a few days, but this time they notified everyone by email, so the answer came quicker than I had anticipated.

The judge chose my Balloons print to be a part of the show!  I'll be camping during the opening night of the show, but I'm already arranging to have someone go and scout out my work on display that night.

It's always great to have your art recognized by someone else as being worthy for something like this, so I'm very excited to be a part of the show.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just in case I didn't tell you enough already.. I am so very proud of you.