Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas!

The kids got up at 4:30am.  They know the rule : no waking adults until 6am.  That's why they waited until 5am to wake me up.  When asked about the rule they said, "we got bored."  I stayed in bed.

Then they came back and said someone was knocking at the door.   Considering Santa doesn't knock, I decided to investigate.  They won.  I was out of bed before six.  The knocking?  It was a cat pawing at the window.

I was up at 5:30.  Cari decided she was not getting out of bed until 6.  The kids and I sat downstairs and talked about what the wrapped boxes may hold.  Amazingly, Meredith guessed the first three correctly on her first try.  Maybe we're getting predictable.

At 5:59 the kids were standing bedside waiting for the clock to flash over to 6:00.  Cari was up.

On top of it being Christmas we had one other adding to all the excitement.  Snow.  All week long I dreamed of a white Christmas.  Mostly because that's what ALL the local news people told me to dream about.  That's all they wanted to talk about for a week.

By 4pm on Christmas Day we had seen a few minutes of snow here and there, but it was mostly rain.  This is not a white Christmas!

By 5pm rain turned to snow and some was starting to stick.  Maybe they were right about having a white Christmas after all.  I apologize for the horrible things I said about the local news people.

At 6pm it was still snowing and the ground was white, but the sun had gone down.  Does it still count as a white Christmas?  I think so, but I'm checking the rule book.

It was a great day of staying home with the family, playing games and relaxing.  I hope you had a Merry Christmas too.

3 comments:

Melba said...

This is great! We got away with 8:00 a.m. this year but I know our sleeping in Christmas morning days are numbered!

Melba

Farm Girl in MD said...

Merry Christmas to you!

We started opening gifts at 11 this year :)

Duck Hunter said...

Thanks! Melba- how late did you stay up getting ready Christmas Eve night? I think that Christmas Eve gets later and Christmas morning gets earlier. Sleep will be pushed out soon!

Laura - Merry Christmas! Sounds like you slept in really well. We were long done with unwrapping by 11. We were PLAYING at 11.