Friday, December 03, 2010

Merry Christmas Duct Tape!

Time to decorate the Christmas Tree again.  After choosing our first "live" tree in a long time, we took it home and loaded it down with ornaments.  I helped with a few ornaments but I mostly left that for the kids.  I was warming up (sitting on the couch) for my job. . . the STAR!

Step one: cut the unusually long stem at the top.

Step two: Find a way to get the long stem of the star to hold.  The old velcro isn't holding up any more.  Hand me some duct tape!
 Step three:  Stand back and admire the beautiful star atop the tree!  Notice I still used the cheap piece of velcro at my wife's instance.
 Step four:  Watch the wife climb on the arm of the couch and rip the duct tape off of my star.   She said it looked... well... "redneck".   How did she fix it?  How you ask?  She jammed the rest of that stem into the star.  Resulting in a star fixed in place, I admit, but it was several inches shorter!  Really!

I only argued for ten seconds before I realized that I, and the tape, was on the losing side.  Here is the result of our beautiful tree.
It doesn't look like I'll be getting any duct tape in my stocking this year.

No comments: