Thursday, December 30, 2010

Remodel

It has been time to refresh the office for a while but finding the time to do the work is the hard part.  Over the past month I have spent a lot of time casually thinking about how I would change the desk to make it better and how I wanted to change the space of the room.

 I had a lists of things I liked and a list of things I didn't like about the current desk.

So for two days I hacked a piece of oak plywood into pieces, sanded, stained, and finished those pieces.  Then I assembled them into what I call. . . Desk 2.0

Before:


After:

There are still some finishing touches to come in the next week or two, but it's mostly complete as is.  The room feels better used.  The desk is organized (for today) and the two added shelves look great. Will it help me write a more interesting and well worded blog? We will soon find out.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Looks great!!!! Nice job.

Becky, Grant, Penelope and Reagan said...

Nice work, Ed! :) I organized our office yesterday, too!

Gil said...

Hey Ed, i am dissapointed by the absence of the G25.... Must have been an oversight?

Duck Hunter said...

Don't worry Gil. A spot was designed into it just for the wheel. And wires are strapped under the top!