Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Two Cups of Coffee

Sunday morning I got up a few minutes before anyone else in the house.  I went into the kitchen and started some coffee.  I had an hour before I had to start getting ready for church, so I sat down at the computer and a few minutes later I was reading the news with my first cup of coffee.

On a normal day, I drink only one cup of coffee.  But being up an hour early on a Sunday morning wasn't a normal day.  I drank my second cup of coffee before jumping into the shower.

Fast forward to church. Cari and I were standing together in the pews singing the first hymn.  I was holding the hymnal for the both of us. Steady for the first verse, and then not so steady. I slowly tilted the book so it would be hard for Cari to see.  Then when she put her hand on it to steady it, I started pushing it closer and closer to her nose.

After the hymn, we sat in the pew and Cari whispered in my ear, "God is frowning on you this morning".

No comments: