Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Chore Chart

Maybe it's being a manager at work, or maybe it's just that I want to see things get done.  Either way, I came to the realization that kids need to start getting some more work done around the house.  Simply requesting this of them was not enough.

It was time for the Chore Chart!  I opened up a spreadsheet and made a color coded chart, printed it, and then brought it to dinner to announce the new rules.
For each day they are required to do their highlighted chore and initial the box.  Allowances are based on getting your work done.  If you fail to complete a task and someone else did it for you then you have to pay them for doing your work.  Simple.

The chore chart has been a success.  They are always checking on it, and on each other.  They even have to remind me to print the chart once a week.

Now if I can get them to understand that "dishes" means you will clean the kitchen.  We go over this every night and still, when they say they are done I go take a look.  At this point every night the kitchen is not clean.  I walk them step by step through all the things that they forgot and have them try again.

Maybe it's being a manager at work, or maybe it's just that I want to see things get done.

2 comments:

Mark said...

Wow, even baby has to do chores.

Duck Hunter said...

everyone has to earn their keep Mark, even the baby!