Wednesday, July 11, 2012

They Are On To Me

On the way home from church this past weekend I asked the kids if they wanted to have a party.  The youngest instantly screamed yes.  The two older kids looked at each other and then replied, "what kind of party?"  They had been here before.

"Don't you want to have a party?", I questioned.  I was avoiding their question.  Randy decided he wanted out of this deal and declared that he wasn't interested.  The youngest protested his veto on my party and begged him to change his answer.

He told his sisters, "This isn't a real party. Don't fall for this."  With this, Meredith was now voting with her older brother. They were on to me and it was time for me to take control of the moment.

I explained that it wasn't up for a vote.  The party was happening.  We were having a CLEANING PARTY when we got home.

From the back I heard Randy say, "I knew it!" while his sisters moaned.

No comments: