Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Fall Festival Season

I think Fall Festivals are some of the best.  It's usually not too hot and not too cold.   The food is fantastic and the music is fun.
Last weekend there was, of course, marching band competitions lasting all day.   But the youngest and myself excused ourselves from the competition so that we could head over to one of my favorite fall festivals in Pendleton, SC

There were scare crows on display up and down the streets of the town.  Businesses, churches, clubs, organizations, and some individuals, built the scare crows and voting was taking place during the festival.


The first thing we did was spend all of my money.   We did some craft with sand art, bounce house, and face paint.  She still wasn't worn out so she demanded funnel cake, which I denied.


We checked out the vendors that were around, played some games, watched a giant game of tug-o-war, and listened to the music before heading home.

She fell asleep in the car but when I went to take a photo of it she had woke up.  I asked her to recreate the sleeping moment.
It turned out to be a great day for missing out on a band competition in some far away land.

1 comment:

Laura A said...

Looks like fun!