Tuesday, July 05, 2005

4th of July


There were several events to attend last night. We chose to head over to East Pickens.
They had inflatable slides, bounce houses, obstacle courses, and other rides available. Also snow cones, cotton candy, popcorn, and lemonade. On the other side of the fields they had a large stage with continuous live music. It was setup really well, and we had a great time. On top of all that, it was all free.
Around ten o'clock, they had fireworks. This gave me a chance to play with some of the settings on my camera. Some of the shots came out kinda shaky. Some were a bit dark. I ended up with several good ones, this being one of my favorites. Holding the shutter open for about a second to a second and a half seemed to give the best results. Without a tripod, it was very difficult to hold the camera perfectly still.
Randy fell asleep listening to the music about fifteen minutes before the fireworks started. Meredith watched with her fingers in her ears the entire time.

I was going to meet a few people from work over there, but when we were walking around, I realized that my cell phone was dead. So dead it had shut off. Cari said I should use her phone and call my friend. Unfortunately his number was in my phone and I couldn't get the thing turned back on.

Hope everyone else had a great evening yesterday.

No comments: