Monday, July 25, 2005

You can't escape me now!

Ah! The elusive hummingbird.
We now have several of these visiting our feeder several times a day. I decided to sit on the front porch and capture one in action.

This was the result of my first attempt. The sucker came to the feeder and started to eat. SITTING AT THE OPPOSITE SIDE from me. In this picture you can see his tail on the back of the feeder. I did manage to capture his shadow against the post.



Then I watched him fly across and sit in a tree. Captured at last!




This morning I took one more try at getting him on the feeder. Picture was taken through the window and screen, but still came out with decent results.

4 comments:

Miranda said...

When are you going to start working for National Geographic? I heard they need some wildlife photographers....

Duck Hunter said...

just give me a contact and I'll be ready to go.

GoGo said...

Bird watcher!!!!

I can see.. the small white note pad and the cloth hat with camera and binoculars. Sitting on a bus with 50 others.
On your way out to a preserve.

Oh, and the palm size reference book.

Wont be long!

Duck Hunter said...

don't be so sure about that Aaron. I would probably end up taking more pictures of the fools on that trip, than the birds themselves.