Wednesday, July 19, 2006

I have never been an Indian (Native American)

We had pizza pasta for dinner tonight. Pizza pasta is pretty much pasta with red sauce and some pepperoni mixed in. For vegetable, Cari fixed some corn on the cob for us.

Randy started a conversation about the corn. We got to talking about how the Indians that lived in this area may have grown corn.

"Did they have to eat pizza pasta with corn?", he asked.
It took me a minute to catch on to what he said.
I replied, "What do you think? Do you think the Indians plucked pepperoni from the pepperoni bush?"
Randy laughed. Meredith jumped in to the convesation. "Maybe they found the noodle tree.", she said.

I looked over to gauge Cari's reaction. She wasn't lauging. I asked her, "Do you think the Indians might have found a can of sause laying under the trees?"

I did my best Indian voice, "OH! A can of red sauce! This will go good with my noodle tree and pepperoni bush! I think I will eat this with my corn." The kids and I laughed pretty loudly after this. Randy followed with his best Indian voice.

Cari reached over and started to grab the corn off of my plate. I was afraid she might beat me with it, so I grabbed her hand to stop her.

The three of us weren't laughing at Cari. We weren't even making fun of her dinner selection. We were making fun of Indians because they never had pizza pasta.

3 comments:

Ruby's My Spy Name said...

Gotta be careful with the ladies, man. We crush easily

Ruby's My Spy Name said...

so.... the talking hand.... its your photography? Uugh and Double uugh really made me laugh.

Duck Hunter said...

LOL! Talkin' hand used to write here until he was banned (twice now). That blog isn't really my "photography", the better pictures get put up here. Different techniques I try with my photos tend to get put up there. I forgot Uugh was there. LOL.