Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Beautiful Sunday!

After having snow and cold about a week ago, we were excited to have some SPRING weather this past weekend. Roughly my past ten days off have been plagued with bad weather that prevented us from venturing out with the baby.

I was off Sunday and we started making plans days in advance. We could visit a waterfall, an abandoned train tunnel, or even a mountain top. We invited another family to join us but disease struck their house on Friday and they were forced to go into quarantine.

Cari and I cancelled the plans and decided to relax around the house after church. Around three o'clock, Randy came in and asked if we could go to the park and it sounded like a great idea. We loaded up the car and soon found out that everyone else in town was also at the park.

We played on the playground and then headed up to the empty soccer fields to run around a bit. It was fun to get into the middle of the field and let Brenna run. Or at least give her the chance to run. She chose to mostly shovel chocolate Teddy Grahams into her mouth the whole time.Before long, Cari called across the field to me that it was six o'clock! The sun was still out and it felt more like four than it did six. Stupid time change! Suddenly I became very hungry and I didn't want any more chocolate Teddy Grahams.
This coming weekend is back to cold and rainy. I sure am glad I have to work!
(I would have posted a few more photos from our day out, but Blogger is slow right now. I'll share some more in a few days.)

1 comment:

d e v a n said...

Cute pics! I'm loving the spring weather around here, it was 80 yesterday!