Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Blue

My favorite bird is the Bluebird. To me, they are a small likable size, they have amazing coloring, and they are fun to watch. I have tried many times to get a great photo of one, but they seem to be a nervous bird and vanish anytime I get within range.


Yesterday morning I stood at the kitchen window with my cup of coffe and saw a Bluebird staring at me. I'm not sure what he was saying, but I did manage to get my camera before he left.I was able to get two shots off before he flew over to the driveway and landed on the mirror of the van. He again stared at me as if he had something to say. I took a few more shots during our staring contest.

He jumped up to stare at himself in my rear view mirror (parked next to the van) and started attacking his image. He would stand on the mirror and then fly down to look. With wings fluttering quickly, he attacked the mirror. It was really quite the show for the five minutes before he flew off.

Just before lunch, Cari and I were leaving for lunch and I was reminded of my morning with the bird. It turns out he was trying to tell me, "I'm going to poo on your car".


My other blue news has to do with "blue lights". Also known as "the law", also known as "cops", also known as "David the State Highway Patrolman at a license check as I drove home from work last week". Their sign said license check, so I got mine out of my wallet as I waited in line. It was about 10:30pm and David shined a flashlight in my face. I smiled and handed him my license. He ruffled his thumb over the edge and showed that the back was separating from the face.
"Did you know that your license is coming apart?", he asked.

I told him it has only been out of my wallet once in five years and that was to hand it to him. He directed me to pull off the road so he could write me a warning.

For a moment I thought about speeding off. It would take him a few moments to climb into his car and come after me. As I pulled over as directed I remembered that he was still holding my license and I was only a mile from home. I took my warning with a smile and went home.

At least I got to spend an hour at the drivers license place. Thanks David!
Stupid blue lights.

2 comments:

jen said...

you get a warning for your license falling apart? One of mine did, but that's due to their cheapassery, not mine. I never took it out of my wallet. That's stupid.

Melba said...

Stupid crappy license too, for the amount we pay in cash and TIME getting those things, you'd think they could make them better quality!