Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Please Pinch!

St. Patrick's Day is today.  Before writing this post, I decided to do a bit of research about St. Patrick and the holiday named for him.  St. Patrick was a missionary that went to spread Christianity to the Irish.  One of the more interesting bits I learned during my research was about the shamrock.  The shamrock became associated with St. Patrick because it is believed that he used it to help teach about the Holy Trinity by using the three leaves on the plant.  

Along with shamrocks, a common tradition is to wear the color green on St. Patrick's Day.  Those that wear green make it their mission to seek out non-green wearers and PINCH them.  There are many theories on the beginnings of the pinching, but none of those are interesting today.  What I'm focused on is the PINCHING.

This year, I made it my mission to eliminate any and all green from my attire.  I'll be at work all day and I want lure my coworkers into PINCHING me.  

NO - I'm not doing this for the pleasure of having people put their hands on me. 

In fact, I plan on finishing my day at work in the human resource office.  I'll be filing harassment complaints on every idiot that pinched me!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

*pinch*

That's for being a St. Patrick's Day curmudgeon!

Though... if you sue for millions... can I have some? :)

rakethetable said...

I didn't wear green and nobody pinched me?


So, I will have to wait until next year to file my lawsuit.

Aaron said...

How'd that work out for you?

Duck Hunter said...

Truth is: I wore green and even a shamrock lapel pin. I bruise easy and got scared.

Melba said...

You are a wimp! The correct color for St. Patties day is actually blue...