Thursday, May 13, 2010

Geocaching

It's SPRING time and it's good to get back outside every chance I get.  After a long break, I started picking up some more caches lately.

I made this short video the other day as we picked one up.  I was happy with their creative hiding spot and wanted to show you how I look for a cache.  I may make a better video on Geocaching in the future, but for now, I'll show you this quickly produced video.

Remember, your GPS will get you near the location and then it is up to you to hunt through the obvious hiding spots.  When I first started Geocaching I thought the GPS would walk me straight to the cannister and I'd be done.  Not so in most cases.

Now that more smart phones have GPS built in and more people are moving to smart phones, you hardly will need a handheld GPS to try Geocaching while in town.  If you haven't tried Geocaching before, get out and give it a try.  You'll be amazed how many things are hidden around town.

2 comments:

Tom said...

Good video. I haven't been out geocaching in ages. Now that I've got my new Android phone I'll have to do some searching.

Duck Hunter said...

Tom, until there is an official app, the best free geocaching app is c:geo. So easy to check for caches while you are out and about.