Friday, May 07, 2010

Quarantine

On Monday the baby was sick.  Throwing up, laying on the couch, frequent naps, sick.  By Tuesday afternoon she seemed much better and back to herself.

When I got home from work on Tuesday I was sick.  Throwing up, laying on the couch, frequent naps, sick.   I was determined not to miss work on Wednesday.  I was aching Wednesday morning as I tried to move to the shower and then get dressed.  I even made it down to my car, keys in hand.  I almost didn't make it that far.  Standing at my car door I called in sick and spent the rest of the day sleeping.

Wednesday afternoon Randy came home from school and threw up.  He was sick.  Throwing up, laying on the couch, frequent naps, sick.  He slept the rest of the evening of Wednesday, through the night, and got up Thursday morning.  We kept him from school on Thursday.

Thursday morning I woke up feeling pretty well normal again and by Thursday afternoon Randy was feeling better as well.

But on Thursday Cari got the sickness.  She was throwing up, laying on the couch, frequent naps, sick.  She even took a nap Thursday afternoon.  This was shortly after she declared naps were only for the weak and the old.

Thursday afternoon, Meredith came home from school and said she felt pretty healthy as she danced around the house.  Smiling, cheerfully, jumping on the couch, dancing.

3 comments:

Aaron said...

Obviously, the common denominator is the couch!

Duck Hunter said...

I haven't been on the couch for a week now and I feel great! You may be onto something.

Poptart said...

Toxic couch!