Monday, May 03, 2010

and the WINNER is. . .

The race that I announced more than a month ago was Sunday.  You remember the race, don't you?  You know it's the one that you left a comment cheering for Cari trying to beat me down.

Since that day, Cari and I have worked out for the most part together.  There were times that I was unable to participate because I was at work.  But several times a week we made a point to walk or exercise together.  During this time I secretly monitored how she was progressing compared to me.

Physical well being was a secondary goal.  My purpose was to train enough to win the race.

On RACE DAY we laced up and went to the end of the driveway.  At the start I rushed for the first hill and rounded the corner.  I had a lead on the first downhill section and slowed down to catch my breath.

Cari caught me on the downhill and as we reached the flat section we were mostly tied.  I started jogging as we approached the second uphill section and Cari kept with me.  Then she took the lead as we reached the midpoint of the hill.

As we rounded the corner for the stretch back to the driveway, we were tied.

A sprint to the finish.

Who would win?

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Cari SO won :-)

tyler said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tyler said...

ed won!!!! :P

Anonymous said...

Way to go Cari!! Nice try Ed. :)