Monday, May 31, 2010

Moore Cove Celebrity

There were a lot of festivals we could have gone to for the Memorial weekend.  Then we started thinking about these festivals and realized that a lot of them cost money.  Some up front, and some in their carnival shenanigans.  We also realized that we don't have any money so we decided to do a family hike and picnic.  I spent an evening researching a hike that would be good for the kids and decided on Moore Cove Falls in North Carolina.

The hike is easy and only about one and a half miles round trip.  We have been once before, but that was three years ago.  This time we took a two year old and a puppy.

The hiking was great.  The weather was great.  Our picnic at the falls. . . great.


There were a lot of people coming and going on the trail but it didn't feel crowded.  On our way out, two guys passed us on their way to the falls.  One of them had a long tripod slung over his shoulder with a nice DSLR camera mounted at the end.   I notice cameras a lot.  He made it a few steps away before he turned around and said to me, "I know you."

I looked up at him and had no clue how he knew me.  I couldn't remember having ever seen this person.  Then he asked, "Duck Hunter.  Right?"

I was still puzzled, but amused.  This is amazing.  I confirmed that he was right and he introduced himself.  He knows me from my photos on Flickr.  We stopped and talked for a few minutes.  He told me that he initially recognized Cari from some photos I had posted.  We had never met in person before.  He was roughly two hours from home and we were nearly an hour from home the other direction.  Yet somehow we both ended up on the same trail at the same moment, and he recognized us.

This is a guy that takes some amazing photographs and he has helped me at times with my own photography. Meeting Shawn made a great trip better.  I felt like I had just met a celebrity.

1 comment:

Becky, Grant, Penelope and Reagan said...

What a small world!! You're way famous! :)