Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Coke vs Pepsi & the power of NASCAR

I don't let commercials influence my purchasing decisions. I'm intelligent enough to know a good product for myself. I didn't run out and buy a new pair of LUGZ just because Kevin Harvick wears them. I didn't go to NAPA to purchase parts for my car, just because Michael Waltrip told me how great they are. Certainly I had already discovered the greatness of the Gillette M3 shaver before Jimmie Johnson told me about it.

So, you might understand the horror that came over me yesterday when I opened the refrigerator. I was very thirsty. Inside I saw, milk, OJ, water, and Coke. COKE??!!
"Do you realize who drinks coke!?", I shouted. "Tony Stewart drinks Coke."
"What were you thinking when you bought this crap.", I continued to yell to Cari in the next room.
She very calmly told me, "It was on sale. And besides, Dale Jarrett drinks coke too."
I will not drink Coke. Pepsi is the drink of choice for a true champion. Just ask Jeff Gordon. Jeff will never drink a Coke. Anyone else remember what happened at the Coke-Cola 400 in Daytona this past July? There were six or more red Coke cars on the track. Jeff Gordon held his ground, driving his Pepsi car that day. Guess what, Jeff Gordon won that race, and afterward I saw him giving an interview, and he was drinking Pepsi! That's the drink for me!

But I make my own decisions in what I purchase. I'm not easily influenced by all this commercial crap. You think a drumming, pink, bunny makes me want to buy batteries? Get a life. More later. . .someone just paged me on my NEXTEL.

No comments: