Monday, March 14, 2005

Bright Idea!

This is not really a new product. Just new to me.

Compact Fluorescent Light bulbs!
Use 13 watts for the same light output as a regular 60 watt bulb.
The past week, I have been running around the house replacing bulbs. I love these things.

You can read a short description of them and their benefits on the Energy Star website.
It seems like no matter what time of day, their are at least two lights on in my house. Why? I don't know, but it just is that way. You can run full speed shutting lights off, but when you are done, at least two more will be on. Maybe there is some strange three way wiring going on here. The other thing, the little girl wants her little lamp on all night. Now it uses less than 10 watts.
There is a light at the top of the stairs that has gone out twice since I've been in this house. I hate changing it, because you have to position the ladder right next to the stairs. These compact fluorescent lights last 6-8 years!

If everyone in the US would change one bulb to one of these, it would reduce the pollution equal to taking a million cars off the road! Or something like that, it's on the Energy Star site.

Just wanted to enLIGHTEN you on this topic!

No comments: