Sunday, March 27, 2005

It's not nice to tease.

Tony Hawk was a guest on CSI: Miami last week. They really pumped up that he would be on. I made a point to Tivo it, although I normally do not watch the Miami variety of CSI.

GUEST STAR: TONY HAWK. "Oh, this will be very cool!", I thought.

I sat down to watch, and in the first thirty seconds, what do I see? TONY HAWK. . . dead.
What the. . .!? I waited a week, to see him laying on the floor dead. This is not a guest appearance of a world class skateboarder. This is a corpse that looks like a world class skater. I started throwing things at the TV (not at Tivo, just the television itself). I was cussing. I have been tricked to watch a show I don't really like to watch. Oh, I could just send out some quick angry e-mails to CBS.

I continued to watch. Nerds playing skate games, programmers, blah, blah. As the case starts to get solved, a flashback. NOW, I will see Tony skate.
Wrong.
This time he is alive, but it is a scene of Tony gets smashed in the head with a skateboard. No lines, just put his arms up in defense. This stinks. There are plenty of other shots of some other guy skating. This just makes me more angry.

Before the show ends, there is about fifteen seconds of Tony skating in another flash back scene. They edit it so that it flashes back and forth between views, and you can't really make much out.

Next week on CSI: Miami. Guest star: Jeff Gordon
(he won't drive a car, but he may be hit by one before the first commercial break)
I won't be deceived again.

No comments: