Monday, April 07, 2008

The Threat

Recently, Cari has started up again. "I'm going to start my own blog!", she says.
Every time I threaten to write about her on my blog, that's her reply.
Every time I say or do something kinda stupid she gets up to "write it on her blog" as she laughs.

This type of talk has gone on for about a year now. I never paid it much attention because I knew she hadn't taken the time to sit down and write. There was a time, months ago, that I got a bit nervous. After one of her threats, I tried to call her out by asking for the url of her blog. She told me she wasn't going to tell me because she didn't want me reading the things she said. For a day or two I started to think she might have a secret blog. Then she gave in and admitted she didn't have a blog.

I came home from work on March 28th with Cari sitting at the table smiling at me. It was a grin that said she was about to burst with joy. "I have a blog", she said. My response was only a look that said, "oh, right." Then she took my hand and lead me to the computer. I sat down and read HER BLOG.

The threat has become reality. Now when I sit down to write about her, she has a forum to tell her side of that story. When I decide to write some fiction about her peeing on the plants outside, she has a place to dispute that.

There may be times where we both write about the same experience. Just remember that there are two sides to every story. . . and mine is usually right.

10 comments:

One Scrappy Gal said...

Way to go Cari!!

I hope she shares embarrassing Duck stories!! :)

RoadRunner said...

Just to let you know. There is a support group for husbands with wives that blog. We meet every Tuesday night at Applebees. Look forward to seeing you there.

d e v a n said...

Too funny! Also, I'm still laughing about your April Fools joke. I totally bought it...

jen said...

woohoo! I am looking forward to hearing both sides of a story. It makes it twice the fun he he.

Poptart said...

More wives of husband bloggers need to blog. Good for her!

Anonymous said...

It is about time!

Aaron said...

Let the games begin!

Swistle said...

HA HA! You are in for it now! Any time I think "Hmmm..." I can just click on over to her and see what I think of the story THEN.

Farm Girl in MD said...

This should get interesting!

Anonymous said...

Now you better watch what you say cause it can come back to bite you in the butt!