Tuesday, December 16, 2008

As Promised

We headed out to Atlanta to pick up Amanda on Monday, as promised.  After we parked and started in to the terminal I realized that I hadn't seen Amanda for about five months.  What if she didn't recognize us?  

I grabbed a piece of cardboard off of someones shelter and made a professional looking sign.   I went and stood in the proper location for guys holding signs and waited. . .

Cari quickly pointed out that I was holding the sign upside down.   (Everyone that was just about to write a comment alerting me to my error - Cari just saved you that step!).   I argued that if she thought she could do it better, then she should hold the sign.

Not only did she hold the sign right side up, but she made friends in the chauffeur waiting area. . .

Initially, he tried to shove her out of his box like a basketball player setting up for a rebound.  He was quick to point to the sign as she moved behind the ropes, but she ignored him and got into position.  Maybe he didn't see the professional looking sign Cari was holding at first.  The bright white copy paper he used for his sign reflected a lot of light and might have obstructed his vision.  Either way, when she challenged his authority he quickly gave in and smiled for the picture.

Amanda eventually did get off the plane and found us quickly, thanks to my sign.  

6 comments:

Poptart said...

HAAAAAPPPPPY BIIIIIRRRRTHHHDAY!!!!

Farm Girl in MD said...

Happy Birthday

Melba said...

I third that...happy birthday! And this sign is awesome, you guys crack me up!

Melba

Anonymous said...

If it were not for that sign...I don't think I would have known who you were. Thanks for thinking of me :-) hehe

butterflygirl said...

Happy Birthday!

Mojo Jojo said...

Leave it up to the woman to get it right!

You should be ashamed for taking part of somebody's house. Just kidding.

Glad Amanda found you guys afterall.