Sunday, December 07, 2008

The (non)Hunter

Previous to using Duck Hunter online, I used King David as an alias.  That was a long long time ago.  Maybe in the times of using dial up BBS's.  I wonder how many people remember those.  Anyway, I didn't use King David for very long before I switched over to Duck Hunter.

I have been asked several times about why I chose the name Duck Hunter and if I really hunt.

First of all, I am not a hunter.  I have never hunted.  


The name originates from playing a video game online with some coworkers almost fifteen years ago.   The game: Warcraft.

We would arrange a time to meet online and battle it out in the game after work.  There were a few times at our scheduled match that one of us didn't show up.  After one time of me missing, he said I was ducking him because I was scared to lose.  

The next time he missed a match, I told him he was ducking me.  I told him I was determined to beat him in our next match and if he tried ducking me I would hunt him down.  

Duck Hunter.

4 comments:

jen said...

I thought this was going to be about an NES game :)

rakethetable said...

I do remember dial up BBS. It was about the only "web site" I could reach back then. If you remember those - you may remember the old net call frog (I think). Those were many years ago.

The year was 1983 and I stayed home to pay the UPs guy the $70 C.O.D. for my 300 baud rate modem for my commadore 64.

Poptart said...

Oh wow, I remember dial up BBSs!

Melba said...

Cute story...oh, and I definitely remember those dial up BBSs! :)

Melba