Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Fashion

I will never become a fashion consultant.  EVER.  Especially with the way I see things at 5:00 am.  

Tuesday I was getting dressed for work when I chose a gray long sleeve shirt with a thin black pattern in it, gray pants, and black shoes.  

On my way down the hall I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror.  I thought something didn't seem right.  I backed up to stare into the mirror.  My brain was still sleeping and it took longer to process what I was looking at.  I was fully dressed with shoes tied when I made the decision that I should change pants.  Yes, it would have been easier to change shirts at that point, but I really wanted to wear this shirt today.

I stumbled over to the laundry room and found a pair of black pants.  Thankfully they were mine and not Cari's or the kids.  It seemed like it was an awful lot of trouble to change and the chance that what I was wearing was fine made me pause.  I thought about going up and waking Cari to get an opinion from someone that really knows.   Waking Cari up at 5am to get an opinion on my outfit didn't seem like the smartest thing to do, so I changed into the black pants.  

Would you believe that after all that early morning drama that I didn't get one comment on how nice my shirt was?  
When I got home I noticed that my gray pants weren't laying on the floor where I left them.  I asked Cari if she had seen my gray pants.  She asked if I was talking about the ones that were left on the floor in the kitchen.  

I didn't remember changing pants in the kitchen, but I had to admit that it was the pair I was asking about.  I started to explain what happened but stopped when I noticed she was staring at me.  She said, "I can't believe you would even try to wear the gray pants with that shirt!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I get up at about the same time, but I dress by flashlight so I don't wake up the wife. Sometimes the fashion choices made by insufficient light can be, well, amusing.

rakethetable said...

What? Your wife doesn't get up and cook you breakfast and prepare your lunch for you? And, as far as picking an outfit - Mine is ironed and layed out for me. Am I a blessed husband or what?

Meg and Family said...

LOL! I don't really have to worry about Steve. He can dress himself pretty well.

Anonymous said...

I pick out the outfit the night before. If I'm unsure of the matching I consult Becky before bed.

-Grant