Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Wha?

When I walked into my office at home, the first thing I saw was tulips sitting on the table. I paused for one second and tried to think if I had ordered them for Cari, realized I did not, and walked out.

"Where did the tulips come from?"

She looked up from the couch as I stood in the hallway still wearing my coat. "They are for you."

Cari got ME flowers? It caught me off guard. I was probably just as surprised as she would have been if I had sent HER the flowers.

Seeing the shock in my expression, she said, "I thought they were pretty and that you might want to photograph them."

I thanked her for the gift and went back into the office. I'm not sure anyone has ever gotten me flowers before.

I spent the next little while with my camera and the tulips. After about fifty shots, I loaded a few of them into photoshop to add some texture and try some different things.



These tulips were a great surprise to come home to. Normally, I would buy Cari flowers and after giving them to her, take them away so I can photograph them. I didn't have to give these back.

4 comments:

Little Miss Kristal said...

the picture is absolutely lovely. it looks like a painting.

Anonymous said...

So...when was the last time you got your wife flowers???

Melba said...

Cute story, I like the pictures!

Meg and Family said...

This picture is really pretty! Cari did a good job with the flowers.