Thursday, February 26, 2009

Naked Wii

Let me start by telling you that there is no accompanying photo with this post.   So you can stop looking for one or hiding from one now, whatever your preference.

When we first got Wii Fit we made it part of our routine.  Five days a week for thirty minutes or more.  Cari and I were both getting better at the exercises as we were getting stronger.  As Christmas approached we slowly got out of the habit. 

In the past few weeks we've talked about starting to use it again.  Cari was scared that she had gained weight since last using it three months ago.  She refused to get on.  I used the same excuse and let the balance board collect dust under the couch while I ate a bag of Doritos.  Cari put an end to our stand off by putting herself on a diet.  She has worked really hard and decided yesterday that she would get back on the Wii.  

As the Wii tested her balance and weighed her, she cringed with anticipation.  Her Mii stood next to the scale and the meter started to climb.  It stopped well short of her previous measurement and she looked back to smile at me.  She had lost more than five pounds since her last weigh in three months ago.  

She jumped off the balance board and told me it was my turn.  I put my bowl of ice cream breakfast down and stood next to the board.  As I was starting to select my character and prepare to get on the board I was scared that I would fare much worse.  This IS a competition.  

If you haven't played Wii Fit before, you should know that there is an option before you weigh where you select how heavy your clothes are.  How should I know how heavy they are?  In the past I would choose between two and three pounds depending on what I was wearing.  It was just a guess.  After you select the option, the Wii will deduct that much weight from you when it displays.  

Not this time.  NO guessing for me.  I stripped naked in the living room and changed the option to ZERO.  I stood on the balance board and waited for it to measure my center of balance.  Cari came back from the kitchen with a cup of coffee.  When she saw me standing there naked she asked, "What are you doing?"
I told her that I wasn't taking any chances and she ran out of the room.  I knew she was looking for her camera and I hoped that the game would hurry up and weigh me.  

When Cari came back with the camera, I was almost done and I started to plead with her NOT to do it.  

My clothed Mii stood next to the scale as I begged Cari not to take a photo and my bar stopped short of the previous weight.  I was down three pounds.  

Thankfully, I too, had lost weight. . . 
. . . and Cari never got a photo. 

6 comments:

The Workman Family said...

hahaha! Too funny. I hate the part where it asks how heavy your clothes are.

Anonymous said...

You know, of course, that the title of the post is going to generate lots of unusual blog traffic.

Melba said...

I have to say...the mental images that accompany this post are cracking me up! I think you are very lucky indeed that Cari didn't get that photo.

Melba

rakethetable said...

Okay - anyone have an eraser for my minds image......eeeeewwwww.

Poptart said...

Roadrunner and I discussed your nakedness last night and came to the conclusion that underwear does not weigh that much... so just leave it on!

Anonymous said...

Can't type...laughing...too...hard...