Friday, June 12, 2009

Eire!

We were driving home yesterday afternoon and saw a car in the next lane with a "Eire" bumper sticker.  Next to it was one of the flag of Ireland.  

I started asking Cari who would put a "Eire" sticker on their car?  She told me they are probably Irish.  Easy enough to figure that out.  My next question to her was, "What do you think they look like?"  

My question seemed to indicate they would look like some freak from another planet.  At least that is how Cari took it.  She seemed a bit offended or irritated that I would suggest that Irish people look like freaks.  Really, I was just suggesting that there may be some quality that identifies them as Irish.  Maybe they are wearing a little leprechaun hat and smoking a long pipe.  Maybe they are holding a beer in their hands.  I didn't know what to expect.  I just knew I needed to catch up and pull along side of the "Eire" car.  

As we approached we noticed there were three people in the car.  I told Cari that I had to keep my eyes on the road and she needed to let me know if they looked like freaks.  Once beside them, I glanced over to see the little bearded leprechaun for myself.  

What I saw was a driver with a book on the steering wheel, READING!   Once I noticed the driver was reading a book, I sped away and didn't even get a look at the driver.   

I guess we'll never know what people who put "Eire" on their cars look like. 

2 comments:

Haunting Images said...

lol, there's a guy I see every night, on my way to work....who does the crossword puzzle on his steering wheel. He's got skills!

Aaron said...

Potatoes. They look like potatoes.

duh