Monday, June 22, 2009

How hot is too hot?

It sure was nice not having to work this weekend. We had a lot of different plans on fun things to do. But as the weekend hours started clicking by, we slowly dismantled our plans one by one.

On Saturday, I walked out to get the mail after lunch. My street was silent. There wasn't a car running, a bird singing, or a neighbor mowing. After getting all the crap in my mailbox out, I started back up the driveway. The grass needed to be cut but the HEAT. WOW! It was hot!

The porch thermometer read 99.1 and it was still early.
We ended up renting a horribly bad movie to watch Saturday night - Stepbrothers with Will Ferrell. Luckily the kids picked Mall Cop and it was pretty good.
Sunday was a good day, but ya know, when I went outside I realized that life had again ceased to exsist without air conditioning.
We had a great time over at a friend's house for Sunday dinner and on the way home it didn't seem that hot anymore. Then I realized that it was approaching nine pm and the weekend hours had all clicked by.
Although all of our plans had been squashed by the sun, we had a good, relaxing weekend as a family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One thing I don't miss about the south is how hot it gets!! Hot enough for a bird in flight to burst into flames!

Glad your weekend was good though. We gotta get back on Animal Crossing soon!