Friday, September 11, 2009

Camping Level Up

I've decided to take camping to the next level.  Backpacking.


Everything you want or need must be hauled in on your back.  No more loading a car full of snacks, cookware, radios, games, and chairs.  If I want it, it must be in the bag on my back.  


I'm really excited to get going and I have a lot of new gear to try out.  For this first trip, I had a lot to purchase, including a backpack and a small tent.  
I don't plan on doing any cooking while on this one night trip.  That would mean carrying more stuff.  Instead I will eat trail mix, crackers, cereal bars, and jerky (mmmm... jerky). 


Initially, I opted to leave the sleeping bag at home because I thought it would be warm enough.  I am now not sure of the weather and have purchased a new sleeping bag.    


Water will be the one thing I will not try to go light on.  In fact, water will be the heaviest thing I will be carrying.  At least the bag will be lighter on the 2nd half of the trip.

1 comment:

Aaron said...

Something is wrong with this picture.

You're not wearing jeans! :P