Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Flashed

I got flashed yesterday and I enjoyed it.  Initially, I was caught off guard from it and didn't know how to react so I just smiled and waved.  What else should I have done?  It's not every day someone flashes me.

Thinking back, I think I may have only been flashed somewhere around five to ten times in my life.  In some ways that sounds like a lot.  In some ways, it isn't nearly enough.

After I was flashed, I slowed down a bit as I rounded the corner and, sure enough, I saw the waiting patrol car sitting on dirt beside the road.  I wasn't speeding prior to the truck flashing me, but I still appreciated his gesture.

When I was out of view of the law, I thought about flashing someone heading that direction so I could return the favor, but I didn't encounter anyone before I made my turn.  Then I started thinking about it, and I don't believe I  have ever flashed my lights at someone to warn them.  Maybe once.  I can't remember for sure.  But if I did, it was no more than once.

How about you?  How many times would you say that you have been warned of upcoming police by flashing headlights?  How many times have you warned others?  Did you enjoy it?

2 comments:

d e v a n said...

It took me a minute to figure out exactly what kind of flashing you were talking about. lol

Becky, Grant, Penelope and Reagan said...

ditto what devan said. ;)