Friday, September 25, 2009

Fireproof

The movie Fireproof has been out for a while.  I have never had a real interest in seeing it.  It seemed to be a movie for couples with problems in their marriage, and since my marriage is very good, I didn't pay attention to the movie.

A lot of churches have played it during small groups and had discussions on it. My friends that had seen it told me to watch it and                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              I resisted their request even when they told me that couples that are perfectly happy would appreciate it.

Recently Cari said she wanted us to watch it and she was going to get it from the library.  I still resisted.  I didn't refuse to watch it, but didn't make it a priority.  I thought the movie would be kinda hokey.

Cari finally broke my resistance and we watched Fireproof this week.  I now have to admit that it was a good movie.  I really enjoyed watching it with her and I will now join my friends in highly recommending this film to all couples.  I really appreciate Cari going and getting that movie and enjoyed watching it with her!

I'm not going to give you a full review here, there are plenty already written on the internets, but I'll tell you that the movie has some funny moments in it, some sad moments in it, and a lot of good information.

When the movie was over, we turned off the television and Cari looked at me and said, "So what did you learn?"
A tip for any guys reading this:  Telling her that being a fireman is dangerous work wasn't an acceptable answer.

No comments: